Thursday, February 19, 2009

6 Month Check Up

Today (well, Thursday really) was Caitlyn's six month check up.  She's actually 6.5 months but it's just how the appointments worked out!  The Dr. said she's doing really well developmentally.  She's right on target where she should be and maybe a bit ahead with her word-forming and independence with feeding.  She is one HUGE baby and I don't really mean she's fat.  Here's her stats from today:
Weight:  20lbs 3.5oz (96th percentile)
Height:  28.4 inches (98th percentile)
Head Circum.:  17.5 inches (96th percentile)

That means that only 4% of other babies her age are heavier and have bigger heads and 2% are taller than her!  We had to order a bigger car seat that is convertible and can hold a baby up to 33 pounds rear-facing and 60 pounds forward-facing.  This is very important for safety concerns!!!  I was able to order it through the military website for much cheaper than most other sites/stores plus it was tax free, free shipping and I had a 20% discount code!  I'm buying clothing in larger sizes on clearance when I can and I happened to get some cute Valentine's Day shirts at Wal Mart for $1 and they don't say "Valentine" or have the year or anything on them.  I'm hoping she starts to even out and level off with her growth but we'll just buy as we go if we need to!  I'm still trying to find some PJ's, I just haven't had the chance to go anywhere other than Wal Mart lately!  

Caitlyn is now eating Peas in addition to her previously noted solid foods and she seems to really like pretty much everything!  The Dr. is happy with what she's been eating and told me that I shouldn't feel obligated to introduce juice to her, which makes me happy because I had no intentions of doing so anytime soon.  I would much rather prefer her to get a taste for water and milk than juice!  I'm sure the joke will be on me when she's 4 and decides to stop liking everything she has all her life like I did.... but in the meantime, I'll keep on keepin' on!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment