Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Challenge

One of my Facebook friends invited me to do a 10 pound in 6 week challenge on a blog.  At first I thought MAYBE I could lose a few pounds in 6 weeks but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like 10 pounds would be something I SHOULD be striving for.  Since Jon and I met, I am up 50 pounds!!!  I know that I had Caitlyn and a bit of this is baby weight that I still have not lost but that is still a large amount of weight to be carrying around.  I am often depressed, I hate shopping for clothing and I hate anything that requires more than blue jeans for me to attend.  I'm pretty tired of living like this and I really do not want Caitlyn to see me continue to struggle with food and inactivity.  So while I am partly doing this for me, I am also doing it for Caitlyn.  My goal is to lose 50 pounds while Jonathan is away.  This gives me about a year to reach my goal and I think that is completely attainable if I can stay on track!!!  I started with planning my meals for today last night and so far I have stayed on track.  It makes a huge difference at meal time when I have a clear plan of what I will be eating!  I usually grab a snack while I try to figure out what I'm going to eat and then end up full on snacks by the time lunch has come and gone.

I started today out fantastic with food but completely forgot to drink my water until about 5pm.  I'm at about 30 ounces for the current moment (not bad for 2.5 hours!).  I even managed to get in a 30 minute exercise!  I usually try to go for a walk but considering it SNOWED (briefly) today, I didn't really feel like taking Caitlyn out today.  I put her down for a nap and ate dinner, rested on the couch for a little bit and then started my workout.  I started simple with some crunches and basic strength training in the legs/thighs.  I wanted to "get moving" so I switched it up to some squats and basic dance moves with some music.  I did it all in my living room so there was no special equipment aside from a chair and some little hand weights.  I managed to stay moving for a full 30 minutes and actually broke a sweat!  Maybe I'm just really out of shape ... but my muscles sure are sore!  I did a combination of moves learned from various work out videos I have tried over the years and I think it's actually something I could do again on another rainy (or FRIGID) day!  I'm still craving sweets very badly but it's an addiction I really need to break.

Here's to hoping tomorrow goes just as well... or better.

Update:  I ended the day with most of the water I needed to drink down the hatch, accompanied with 1/2 cup of Jonathan's Reese's Ice Cream.  Oops.  Hey, at least I measured!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment