Friday, June 5, 2009

Diapers, Diapers, Diapers!!!

Last night I gave Caitlyn a bath and let her play a little before we did the night time bottle. I purchased a bunch of Huggies diapers super cheap so those are our daytime diapers and that's what I put her in post-bath, with the intentions of changing her before bed. I completely forgot to change her!!! So, early this morning, guess what I was doing? Changing bed sheets! We've had this problem with the Huggies during the day, too. We tried Huggies when Caitlyn was first born and this was our issue so we switched to Pampers. I thought since Caitlyn was bigger that maybe things would have fit differently, especially since I went with the Baby Dry instead of the Gentle Care. The other issue I have noticed is that if I keep Caitlyn in Huggies all day and switch her to Pampers at night, she gets a diaper rash during the day! The following day, I smother her in Butt Paste and use all Pampers and it clears up pretty quickly. Ultimately, once these Huggies are gone, I'm not buying anymore unless they are practically free!

Last month I had to purchase the Parent's Choice (Wal Mart brand) diapers and I still have half a pack of those left. They didn't have any other brand in her size! Talk about complete and total crap! Sure, they are cheaper but I ended up using twice as many diapers in a day to keep her dry. That somewhat defeated the purpose!

The big winner for diapers in my book is Luvs! While the initial impression of them was that they were cheap, they are diaper champs! They are distributed by P&G just as Pampers are. I feel like they are an excellent solution for a daytime diaper and I have always had confidence in Caitlyn taking long naps in them! The only issue I have right now is finding a store that carries Luvs in her size! In the meantime, I'll be hitting up Diapers.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment