Sunday, April 19, 2009

Goodbye (Finally)

After jumping back and forth about when Jonathan was really leaving for Indianna, we have finally said our true goodbye.  It was more difficult this time for some reason.  There were actually some tears and it was really hard to drive away.  It seems like such a long drive to Macon but it was even longer in the silence (once Caitlyn fell asleep, anyway).  I keep telling myself that this deployment will be over before we know it but it is only just begining!  I miss him so much already.  The first deployment was so much different for us.  We hadn't yet bonded like we have now.  We had yet to even live together for more than two weeks before he came home in 2006.  We've now had almost 3 years of bonding, ups and downs, and time to realize just how much we love one another.  Though much of the time was broken up by Jonathan being sent away for MOS schools and training, we still grew stronger as the months went by.  Each goodbye got easier though, nothing was easy while I was pregnant.  We hit a really rough patch but came through it stronger than ever and we've only been growing closer ever since.  I feel so connected to Jonathan and part of me is afraid that our time apart will cause us to lose this connection.  I know that we can always get it back if we do but I also know that I am going to try with all my might to keep it together.  

The one thing that has brought us together more than anything else is Caitlyn.  I see how Jonathan is with her and I cannot help but be amazed and fall even more in love with him.  Even as he was saying goodbye, he lovingly covered her with a blanket and gave her a toy and a kiss.  He is so sweet with her that sometimes it honestly make me cry.  I know how important my relationship with my Daddy was to me and it makes me so happy to know that Caitlyn is going to have the same from Jon.  She's already melted his heart in the few short months she has been with us so I cannot imagine what a sucker she's going to turn him into when he comes home!  While a part of me is sad for Jonathan to be gone and ready for this deployment to just be over, I am also looking forward to watching Caitlyn grow and change and to see what kind of child she grows to be while he is gone.  I cannot wait for Jonathan to come home to her and see what an amazing kid she is and re-connect with her.  Well, here we are.  Officially on Deployment: Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment