Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jonathan's Visit

Jonathan got home from Macon around 10pm on Thursday.  We were both pretty pooped so we sat on the couch for like an hour and then went on to bed!  Friday we worked on cleaning the house a little and then were pretty lazy.  Seems like we did something else but I don't remember!  We went to Caprese for dinner and then raced back home to beat the storms!  We made it and hid in the bathroom for a good 30 minutes before we felt like it was safe and everything had passed.  Most of it must have fizzled out by the time it made it here because we didn't get hail or anything and I know my parents did!  Saturday we cleaned up the house and had my Aunt and Cousin over for dinner.  Sunday was Caitlyn's first Easter!!!  We stopped by Jonathan's parents' house to pick up Caitlyn's gift and then went on over to my parents' house.  We had a pretty good dinner with my Aunt and cousin still in town.  Caitlyn was pretty cranky the whole time until we forced her to take a nap.  After she finally woke up we were able to give her the gift from Grandma and Grandpa Clarke.  She had a blast!  Jon and I went for a walk in the nieghborhood since she got kind of cranky again and we needed a break!  I don't miss those hills!!!  Yesterday (Monday) we got Jonathan all packed up and worked on cleaning up the house a bit.  We met Joe, Kristina and baby Colin for lunch at Doc Green's (mmmMMMmmm!) and then hit up the Carter's outlet across the street.  Holy cow, I got some GREAT deals!!!  We did Johnny's Pizza for dinner and hit up Wal Mart's Easter clearance for even MORE GREAT DEALS!  I have decided that Caitlyn is NOT going to get giant Easter Bunnies every year.  I picked out a cute little one that will be just her size next year (well, not if she doesn't slow down on growing!).  He left before 5am this morning and I miss him already!

Now, as for food.  I ate what I wanted but did a bit of planning, portion control and a whole lot of honesty.  In the past, I would eat and eat but lie to myself about just how bad it was.  Fearing I'd blown it completely, I would just eat even more crap.  Making myself own up to my food made me be more careful about my "cheating".  I didn't feel like it was cheating, though!  I think it's important not to consider it such because of the guilt associated with the word.  I had a net deficit of 500 calories from Wednesday through Monday.  If I can manage to work out a few more times between now and weigh in day (Friday) and I don't eat back those calories, I should be able to make up for it.  My goal is to be within +/-100 calories for the week.  I started a few days early knowing that this weekend was going to be difficult.  Now, if I can just resist that champagne and cupcake in the fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment