Monday, January 12, 2009

A Moment

I just wanted to take a moment and say how thankful I am for everything and every one in my life.  Despite all of the drama surrounding Jonathan's deployment, I truly feel blessed to be living the life that I am.  I have a loving husband, a marriage that is getting stronger by the day and the most precious baby girl.  Caitlyn has such an infectious smile.  When she smiles and giggles, I melt and I can't help but have a heart filled with joy.  Even in my weakest moments and her fussiest moods, I still find happiness in my time with her.  She has taught me so much in her short little life so far that I never thought possible.  I never realized how much our children teach us and I honestly believe it is just as much, if not more than what we teach them.  I have been humbled in becoming a mother and I will never be the same woman I was before her (nor do I care to be that woman).  I am thankful for all of the support our family has been shown and for everyone who I know I can count on in the near future.

"A little girl is sugar and spice and everything nice - especially when she's taking a nap."

No comments:

Post a Comment