Friday, January 9, 2009

What FRG?

I have tried searching every term I can fathom to try and find the 48th Brigade's Family Readiness Group and to no avail.  They sent out two newsletters while Jonathan was deployed last time and had  few phone conferences for those who could not attend their meetings but they seem to have disappeared!!!  I would really like to get in touch with someone in the FRG at least for Jonathan's unit because we're being hosed on everything.  Still no promotion (he was elligible in October and paperwork was "submitted"), so far, no pay has been entered into the system for him being in Macon... this could be due to the fact that he still does not have orders to be there... and because he will be on 4-5 different sets of orders, we won't be getting BAH type I.  We'll be getting BAH type II which is about HALF of type I for his rank (which should be an E5).  Jonathan isn't the only soldier getting screwed out of BAH, either.  The main problem in getting this fixed is that it's mostly a bunch of lowly enlisted men that are going through this.  None of the higher ups or officers are having issues because they either have not been activated yet or are on ADSW orders.  They won't put Jon on ADSW orders because of "money issues".  Well guess what?!  We have money issues now TOO thanks to you penny pinching jerks!  You cannot take people away from their families for 18 months and deny them pay!!!  I am so tired of the same issues over and over and OVER again!!!  I am giving them one week before I flat out explode.  I was hoping to find someone in the FRG to tell and discuss this with but I guess they don't exist?  Maybe I should start my own FRG...
/end vent

No comments:

Post a Comment